My research is focused on how meaningful play can improve our lives through the creation and practical application of game design science. As an associate instructor for the Entertainment Arts & Engineering (EAE) program (part of the College of Engineering) at the University of Utah, I teach game design and gameplay programming.
Courses, Instructor of Record
- EAE 63360-001 Game Engineering III (Fall 2022, Spring 2022)
- Updated curriculum alongside engineering faculty
- 100% positive student feedback about instructor and curriculum
- EAE 4900-006 The Psychology of Games (Spring 2023, Spring 2021)
- Co-created course with Dr. Rogelio E. Cardona-Rivera
- EAE: Game Design and Game Curriculum (Summer 2020)
- Designed curriculum for teen and preteen novice game developers
- Serious Game Design
- Serious Games/Meaningful Play
- Game Design Science
- Human-Centered Computing (HCC/HCI)
- Computational Models
Faith & family first, career second, and creating, playing, and having fun ALWAYS!